High-Quality Laser Engraving on Plastic Products
Plastics are one of the most widely marked, cut and engraved materials seen in manufacturing today. From stand-alone products to manufacturing and industrial parts, plastic is widely used across all industries. In fact, it’s estimated that by 2050, plastic production will reach about 2000 million tons.
The production of these plastic products has become increasingly fast and efficient in recent years, largely due to laser cutting technology. In the past, laser engravers were a privilege enjoyed by bigger corporations. Fortunately, it’s gotten even better for small and mid-sized businesses as laser cutting and engraving machines are now more affordable and portable than ever before. With their downscaled prices and production capacity, small and medium enterprises (SMEs) can justify investing in a laser engraving machine for plastic materials.
As technology continues to advance, it’s important that your business keeps up with the trends. Failing to adapt to new technology puts your business at risk of falling behind. With the increased output and higher-quality products that emerge from laser marking and cutting machines, businesses can expect to quickly earn back their investment and then some.
Premium Laser Machines for Less Than Half the Price
There’s no reason you should miss out on the benefits of laser marking. Thunder Laser USA offers an opportunity to SMEs in need of laser cutting and engraving equipment for plastic products. Our machines are enterprise-grade yet more affordable than the average laser cutting machine found on the market.
We achieve this by building machines according to your manufacturing needs. We don’t include features that sound exciting on the specs sheet but have no use in your production process. This can save you up to 67% on your laser cutter costs compared to other brands. You get a high-performance machine that can meet your requirements for cost, speed, capabilities and output quality.
Our plastic engraving machines guarantee ease of use and vary in pricing based on engraving area dimensions, laser wattage and water chiller features. Our Nova 63 Model, our highest-priced model, is still more affordable than most laser engraving cutting machines, which helps guarantee a return on your investment. If you’re looking for something smaller, we have all sorts of varieties available, such as the 24-inch bed-size and the 40w Mini 60. Whatever your needs are, we have a machine that can meet them.
How Does Laser Cutting and Engraving on Plastic Work?
Many people don’t know that the word “laser” is actually an acronym, standing for “light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation.” A laser cutter is a computer numerical controlled (CNC) machine, which means its output is controlled electronically. Through a CNC router, the laser head moves over the material in the design chosen by the user. A focusing lens allows the head to pinpoint where to start cutting or engraving; a designer or manufacturer can send a prototype to the machine, which will then engrave, cut or mark the design on the material you’re using.
It’s a versatile machine that can be used by a variety of people, from hobbyists and amateur designers looking to create signage or a home project to manufacturers and companies that need to cut and mark material on an industry-wide scale.
CO2 laser engravers are designed for non-metal materials, while fiber laser marking machines are meant for metallic elements such as stainless steel. A CO2 laser typically works faster and has a smoother finish.
The Nova series by Thunder Laser USA features CO2 laser machines that have the ability to cut, etch and mark on a variety of materials. Our machines are used on leather, paper products, fabrics and plastics, among other things. Types of plastic include:
- Wood plastic
- Acrylic plastic
Wood plastic is a composite material often found in flooring, combining the two materials into one sturdy product.
Whatever plastic you want to use, the collection at Thunder Laser USA can help. The Nova laser engraving machines for plastics use compressed carbon dioxide, hydrogen, helium and nitrogen gases to form a high-intensity light that can “burn” through the materials listed above. This type of CO2 laser engraving will cleanly cut, etch or leave a mark on plastic surfaces.
Applications of Plastic Laser Cutting and Engraving
The market for laser cutting machines has only grown since 2015 and is projected to continue growing through 2024. All types of industries are beginning to see the benefits of using laser engraving, from the automotive industry to consumer electronics.
Businesses that sell consumer products made from plastic materials can find many uses for leather cutting and engraving machines. Advantages include:
- Cutting: Process plastic parts for automobiles, appliances, electronics and furniture. Laser cutting is also useful in the production of consumer goods like kitchen and home products, toys, interior and outdoor decor, and packaging materials.
- Etching and marking: Etching is a subtractive process (i.e., the laser burns through the material to produce the desired result), while marking is an additive process. Both are useful to businesses that are aiming for product differentiation. Stamping products with your brand logo, for example, helps consumers identify your products, creates a sense of exclusivity and sets your brand apart from lower-quality imitations.
With these functions, you can produce a variety of plastic products and sell them to manufacturers or direct to consumers. Additionally, you can offer personalization of plastic products (e.g., packaging materials, branded merchandise) as a service and gain an additional income stream.
One concern you might have when you hear the word “laser” is safety. Movies showcase lasers as dangerous tools that can slice through anything. That’s why Thunder Laser USA offers comprehensive guides that detail how to safely and efficiently use your system. All our machines also come equipped with HVAC systems, which get rid of dangerous fumes that would otherwise linger in the air.
While plastic laser cutting brings several benefits to businesses, it’s also useful for the average individual. Many do-it-yourself (DIY) artists rely on this technology to craft their own products, which they can either sell or keep for personal use. These include:
- Custom products: Sometimes you have an idea for a product you want but can’t find it on the market. Laser engraving lets you turn your imagination into reality; item ideas include custom phone cases, coasters, jewelry and decorations.
- Engravings: An engraved message can add a personal touch to any gift, such as a wallet, bracelet or sign. Engraved gifts are also popular on sites such as Etsy that allow users to sell homemade items.
Whether you’re trying to make your business more efficient or interested in one-upping your home-crafts game, a laser engraver is a useful tool to have.
Efficiency of Plastic Laser Cutting
One thing you can’t put a price on is time. Businesses are constantly looking for ways to increase their production output and perform a high-quality amount of work in less time. This is especially a problem for small business owners, who tend to work about 6 more hours a week than the average American employee.
Laser cutting is essential for any business that’s looking to save time — which should be every business. Not only does laser marking and engraving perform the job quickly, but it also:
- Lets you experiment: Not everybody’s first vision works out. If you don’t have access to a machine, you might only get a few attempts — or even just one — at a prototype. A laser cutting machine greatly facilitates the process of designing a prototype, letting you experiment with different designs so you can pick the best one for your business.
- Encourages uniformity: With a CNC machine, you can mass-produce the same design, which is essential for a business that’s looking to build a brand. You can’t establish that brand recognition and trust with your client base if each product comes out looking different.
- Lets you create products in bulk: One thing that can stop any enterprise in its tracks is a lack of inventory, which is especially an issue with small and medium-sized enterprises. Creating items in bulk ensures you have the inventory necessary to cater to your customers’ needs.
Having your own laser marking machine will also save costs in the long run. Engraving services is a $1 billion industry, with some services charging upwards of $200 for larger projects. An affordable laser cutting machine might seem like a bigger investment at first, but you’ll earn back that money after just a few projects.
Types of Laser Cutting Machines
The machine you choose depends on your individual needs. At Thunder Laser USA we have six types of laser cutting machines to choose from, all at affordable price points based on the features they include. They are:
- Nova 63: Our flagship model, available at 100 and 130 watts
- Nova 24: Available at 60 watts, great for beginner and amateur makers
- Nova 35: Our most popular machine, available at 80 or 100 watts
- Nova 51: Can fit 4′ x 8′ material and features 100 or 130 watts
- Odin 22: A fast, compact machine with 3G acceleration and a 2,000mm/sec engraving speed
- Mini 60: This 40-watt desktop mini is user-friendly and perfect for anyone new to laser cutting
All our machines come with US-based support and service so you can quickly mitigate any technical issues that may arise. You can also add on our optional ThunderCam system, which lets you visually render the laser bed in the software.
We know speed is essential to any successful business, which is why we provide Hybrid-Servo Motors. These closed-loop stepper motors are capable of engraving at a speed of 39 inches per second. We also recognize the need for variety and acknowledge that not all your projects will be the same size. If you’re working with large pieces, we offer pass-through doors that allow you to supersede the machine’s bed size.
To save time and resources, we provide an alarm lamp and smart board. The lamp will alert you when the project is done so you don’t have to stand around and wait or lose any precious time. The smart board will automatically run your exhaust system, saving those HVAC resources.
All our laser cutting machines also come with the following amenities:
- Water chiller
- Air assist
- 2-inch head
- Tool and cleaning kits
- Honeycomb/knife beds
- Red dot pointer/auto focus
The Advantage of Thunder Laser USA
The advantage of modern laser machines is that they let you calibrate the intensity of the laser and set the depth and thickness of the cuts and marks. You can also pre-program the design that will be imprinted or cut on the material. Essentially, you’re free to create new and unique designs or bring to life your customers’ design ideas. More importantly, you can reproduce these designs quickly, uniformly and in bulk. Whether you’re a corporation or an individual selling online, incorporating a laser engraver into your business can only increase your output and consumer base.
It’s important to choose a reputable source for your laser cutter. At Thunder Laser USA, we provide enterprise-grade level engraving machines at an affordable price point to guarantee your ROI. Our experienced team will help match you with the machine that best meets your needs, ensuring you’re not paying for any amenities you’re not going to use.
Along with the best prices, you’ll also get the best service. Along with access to our one-on-one help desk, you’ll enjoy our knowledgeable support base that offers tools such as:
- Troubleshooting guides
- Video tutorials
- Materials references
- Service bulletins
All our customers also enjoy our warranty, which covers the machine for two years and consumables for one year.
Grab the advantages we offer at Thunder Laser USA by contacting us today.